Combine the best of the holiday season — the magic of a winter wonderland and the spirit of giving back to our community — by taking your family to the Junior League of Northern Virginia’s 11th Annual The Enchanted Forest this weekend!
This event is a tradition not only for the JavaFamily, but for many Metro-DC families. Begin by walking through a forest of theme-decorated trees and handmade gingerbread homes (all available for silent auction), meet celebrity chef Lorraine Wallace, have Georgetown Cupcakes & Cocoa with the Snow Fairy Princess or Breakfast and a Photo with Santa. The Junior League of Northern Virginia (JLNV) presents an entire weekend of celebration, featuring the Children’s Science Center and Kids in the Holiday Kitchen with entertainment, cooking demonstrations and themed crafts for children, as well as gift and holiday decorations for sale, and a silent auction and evening gala for the adults.
Sounds fun, but what does this have to do with giving back? The JLNV is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. To date, the JLNV has invested more than $2.7 million dollars in our mission-based programs. Funds raised from the event go towards this mission and The Enchanted Forest highlights two key community initiatives of the JLNV. Kids in the Kitchen works with children in the community to stem the tide of childhood obesity through awareness of the benefits of making sound nutrition choices and moving your body. The JLNV has pledged and provided $250,000 of funding to the Children’s Science Center in an effort to bring a science-focused children’s museum to Northern Virginia and provides “Museum Without Walls” events at area festivals and schools to excite children about science, technology, engineering and mathematics as well as to raise awareness about the need for such a museum right in our own backyard.
The Westin Tysons Corner
7801 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043
Saturday, November 19, 2011
10 am – 5 pm
Sunday, November 20, 2011
10 am – 1pm
General admission: $11
Call 703-442-4163 or visit www.jlnv.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase advance tickets.
Premium event ticket (Breakfast with Santa, Gala, Georgetown Cupcakes & Cocoa) pricing varies and subject to availability.
Giveaway Rules and All the Fine Print:
This event is so fun that words and even pictures do not do it justice. So I’m giving away one two-pack of tickets to a lucky winner for general admission tickets.
- Simply comment below about what you love about the holidays, about the Junior League, or about giving back to the community, you must include your email (won’t be visible to the public) so I may contact you between now and 9 am Eastern Friday, November 18, 2011.
- Additional OPTIONAL entries may be earned by:
- Tweeting about this contest with a link back to this page (feel free to use this link: http://caffeineandaprayer.com/?p=2515) and the hashtag #jlnvtef (please then comment here with a link to your tweet — if you let me know your twitter handle, I’ll look for you to follow you!)
- By liking the Caffeine and a Prayer Facebook page and commenting here that you have done so
- Or if you are already a fan of the Caffeine and a Prayer Facebook page, simply commenting with a separate comment to let me know so.
- NOTE: In order to comply with the spirit of the Facebook rules, please remember that it is not the act of liking the page that is the additional optional entry, it is the act of then commenting here, you are not automatically entered. Please do not feel compelled to like the page if you are not interested in receiving Facebook updates from Caffeine and a Prayer. I try my best to be a good blogging citizen and keep up with the ever-changing rules.
- Winner will be notified via email Friday and you must respond by Friday or I have to move on to the next winner as this is a quick turnaround and tickets are only good Saturday or Sunday. I will need your name so I may add you to the Will Call list.
What you will win:
- Two general admission tickets valid for one day only either Nov. 19, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. or Nov. 20, 2011, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. A general admission ticket includes access to The Enchanted Forest of Trees, Holiday Gift Boutique, Holiday Entertainment on Center Stage, Kids in the Holiday Kitchen, National Capital Trackers Model Trains Display, Pictures with Santa, and the Children’s Science Museum exhibits.
- Tickets will be made available through Will Call.
- Ticket recipients should bring valid picture ID.
- Premium events and gala tickets are available for separate purchase.
- Event information and additional ticket purchase: http://www.jlnv.org/jlnv/npo.jsp?pg=support9
Whether you win the tickets or not, I highly recommend going, it’s a fun, fun time and a great cause!
Disclosures: I am the immediate Past President of the JLNV. The JLNV has provided these tickets for the giveaway.