UPDATE: Congratulations Cindy B.!
This area is obsessed with LEGOs. Just look at the camp brochures and after school activity flyers for the camps and classes for all things LEGO — or try to walk across my kids’ bedroom floors — and it will take a nanosecond to see that these plastic bricks of all sizes are an important part of our culture. But they aren’t just for kids. Perhaps you are married to an AFOL (adult fan of LEGO) or are one yourself. The obsession can go from (almost) cradle to grave. This is why there are fan festivals — to share the joy and fuel the obsession in the best way Americans know how — ostentatious exhibits, sales of more related gear and good old-fashioned fun! Which is why I’m thrilled to be able to be able to share for the third year consecutive year an opportunity for my readers to win a four-pack of tickets to the BrickFair 2014 Virginia LEGO Fan Festival. The event is August 2 – 3, 2014 at the Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA. BrickFair is primarily an exhibit/expo scenario (look and shop) but there are some interactive displays and a few sections where you can play and even win prizes. Although the tickets advise you to allow 90 minutes to view the displays, we have always stayed far longer and this is an extremely popular event, so there are often long lines to get in and a significant wait for games and anything interactive. In other words, plan to stay a while and bring a great deal of patience (and some spending money for the snack bar because you will invariably need it). But my family will tell you it is well worth it! Online tickets sold out already, but you can buy tickets at the door for $12 each (3 and under are free — no strollers allowed). OR participate in my flash giveaway. The festival is THIS weekend and I have physical tickets to give to you.
BrickFair VA 2014
August 2 -3, 2014
11 am – 4 pm
Dulles Expo Center
4320 Chantilly Center
Chantilly, VA 20153
Admission: 3 and under – FREE.
Everyone else $12 at door – online tickets are sold out.
No strollers please
Caffeineandaprayer.com’s BrickFair VA 2014 Ticket Giveaway Rules:
The quick must-knows and must-dos:
- This is a flash giveaway — it is shorter than my usual giveaways, please pay attention to the time frames.
- These tickets are good for one day only, at BrickFairVA 2014 August 2 or 3 from 11 am to 4 pm. In fairness to others, please enter only if you actually plan on using the tickets. They have a total value of $48.
- To enter: Use Please use the Rafflecopter entry form below to comment — make sure you use the term “BrickFair” in your comment. Get creative, but keep it clean!
- In all your entries, you must include a valid email address so I may contact you if you are the winner. I must be able to reach you via that email address within 4 hours of the end of the giveaway. I am not responsible for emails that land in your spam or junk mail or are otherwise blocked by your system or any other technical errors that may occur.
- Tickets will be physically delivered to you, so if you are the winner, you will need to be willing to provide me a mailing address (no P.O. Boxes due to this being a flash giveaway) within 2 hours of my notification email that you are the winner so we can make arrangements for delivery of the physical tickets. Time will be calculated based on when my email was sent. If I am not able to reach you, by necessity, I will have to pick a new winner. I am not responsible for emails that land in your spam or junk mail or are otherwise blocked by your system or any other technical errors that may occur.
- Giveaway ends at 9 am, Eastern time, Friday, August 1, 2014.
- Standard rules and giveaway legalese is spelled out in a link in the Rafflecopter form.
- Winners will be selected at random from all qualified entrants using Rafflecopter.
- Once a winner is selected and has responded via email and arrangements for ticket delivery have been successfully made, winner will be announced on this site.
Tired of stepping on lots of little LEGO pieces at home? You might enjoy my previous blog post about LEGO organization.
Disclosures: BrickFair provided four tickets for the giveaway and a set of complimentary tickets for my family. All photos are provided by the BrickFair convention. LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group. BrickFair is not associated with the LEGO Group.