(or how to remain sane with children)
Content may include language pulled directly from web sites, brochures and other promotional materials for the sake of accuracy and clarity. This guide is mostly a compilation with some additional narrative interjected, event and registration information is only as accurate as what has been provided by the event-holding organizations — please verify times, dates and that the event is being held with the organization. I’ve provided contact information for that reason and will not be held responsbile for any changes, cancellations, or disappointments. Your “fun mileage” may vary from my own family’s experience.
This is the SIXTH year for the “Summer Fun Guide” and this is the fourth year it’s been on the blog. I thoroughly enjoy your emails and comments, welcome additions to the guide, and I hope you tell event-organizers where you found out about this! Please share the link to the Summer Fun Guide (SFG) and my blog widely! I hope you take time to read the blog as well. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest as well!
Enjoy — from one mommy desperate to stave off summer boredom to another!
Have an event you are interested in having listed? Contact me. Even better — offer tickets for a giveaway on the blog and I’ll promote it on the blog, Facebook and Twitter! Readers love giveaways!
The Summer Fun Guide contains the following sections, please note that I will add to them throughout the summer as I learn of new things, and I’d love you to add things in the comments section of each page as well:
- The ever-popular By-Date section, now in a Google Calendar format.
- Anytime Activities
- Camps and Classes to Sign Up For
- Concerts and Performances
- Day Trips and Weekend Trips
- Libraries and Bookstores
- Local Parks and Playgrounds
- Summer Fun at the Movies
And even MORE Resources:
- Loudoun County Parks and Recs Activity Guide has plenty to keep your family busy!
- In the town of Leesburg, there are a lot of great events and Ida Lee Recreation Center has a lot of classes, camps, and activities.
- Parktakes, Fairfax County’s Parks and Rec Activity Guide is full of camps, activities, day trips and more.
Other blogs and sites worth checking out for events, activities and more:
- A Parent In Silver Spring – Jessica McFadden is the queen of family fun not just in Silver Spring but throughout the Metro DC area.
- Our Kids – there is a public portion of the web site which is free and a private, subscription-based newsletter.