Fun In the Summer
(or how to remain sane with children)
Content may include language pulled directly from websites, brochures and other promotional materials for the sake of accuracy and clarity. This guide is mostly a compilation with some additional narrative interjected, the information is only as accurate as what has been provided by the event-holding organizations — please verify times, dates and that the event is being held with the organization. I’ve provided contact information for that reason.
This is the FIFTH year for the “Summer Fun Guide” and this is the third year it’s been on the blog. I thoroughly enjoy your emails and comments, welcome additions to the guide, and I hope you tell event-organizers where you found out about this! Please share the link to the Summer Fun Guide (SFG) and my blog widely! I hope you take time to read the blog as well, ; )
Enjoy — from one mommy desperate to stave off summer boredom to another!
Have an event you are interested in having listed? Email me at javamom (at) caffeineandaprayer (dot) com. Even better — offer tickets for a giveaway on the blog and I’ll promote it on the blog, Facebook and Twitter! Readers love giveaways!
The Summer Fun Guide contains the following sections, please note that I will add to them throughout the summer as I learn of new things, and I’d love you to add things in the comments section of each page as well:
- The ever-popular By-Date section
- Camps and Classes to Sign Up For
- Concerts and Performances
- Libraries and Bookstores
- Local Parks
- Summer Fun at the Movies
- Anytime Activities
- Daytrips and Weekend Trips
And even MORE Resources:
- o http://www.loudoun.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=883 (all of the parks and rec centers have activities; see their activity guide)
- o http://www.idalee.org/index.aspx?page=415 (Ida lee is part of Leesburg parks)
- o http://www.idalee.org/index.aspx?page=416 (great events in Leesburg, especially the 4th of July event is fun)
- o Parktakes – Fairfax County’s parks and rec activity guide: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/parktakes/
Other blogs and sites worth checking out for events, activities and more: