LEGO fans comes in all sizes — from kids to AFOLs (adult fans of LEGO). An estimated 17,000 of them will come to the self-acclaimed largest LEGO fan festival in US at BrickFair ’12 at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA August 4-5 this summer and you can enter a giveaway for a four-pack of tickets!
The fan festival expects to have more than a thousand exhibitors with LEGO creations of all sizes as well as vendors with items such as minifigures, custom-molded weapons, and unique models. If your kids are like mine, all this LEGO-stimulation will leave them eager to get their hands on a few blocks of their own, so fortunately there’s a Stay ‘N Play area filled with bricks where they can unleash their creativity!
August 4 -5, 2012
11 am – 4 pm
Dulles Expo Center
4230 Chantilly Center
Chantilly, VA 20153
Tickets: 3 and under – FREE, everyone else $10 at door
No strollers please
You can buy tickets at the door for $10, but why not try for a four-pack of tickets right here?
Caffeineandaprayer.com’s BrickFair ’12 Ticket Giveaway Rules:
- These tickets are good for one day only, at BrickFair ’12 in Chantilly, VA August 4 or 5 from 11 am to 4 pm. In fairness to others, please enter only if you actually plan on using the tickets. They have a total value of $40.
- US entrants only, please.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older.
- Tickets will be physically mailed to you, so if you are the winner, you will need to be willing to provide me a mailing address within 24 hours of being announced as the winner.
- To enter: Please comment on THIS blog post with a comment that includes the phrase “BrickFair.” For example, you can say, “My kids have 6 billion tickets and we would LOVE to go to the BrickFair!” or “I am married to an AFOL and would love to surprise my spouse with BrickFair tix” or “Wow, JavaMom, you are the coolest blogger in the world for bringing us this opportunity for BrickFair tickets…” (no, really, what you say has no bearing on who wins, I promise!) If you do not have the phrase “BrickFair” in your comment, you are immediately disqualified!
- You can earn EXTRA entries by tweeting about this giveaway as long as you meet the following conditions:
- Include a link to this post
- Either include @brickfair or #brickfair
- Include @caffandaprayer
- Comment here with a link to your tweet and include “BrickFair” (i.e. “I tweeted about BrickFair and here is my link: _____)
- In all your entries, you must include a valid email address so I may contact you if you are the winner.
- I must be able to reach you via that email address within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway so I can notify you that you are the winner and get your snail mail address and mail you your tickets. If I am not able to reach you, I will move on to the next person. I am not responsible for email that
- Winners will be selected at random from all qualified entrants.
- Giveaway ends midnight, Eastern time, Thursday, July 26, 2012.
- Have fun and good luck!
UPDATE: We have a winner! Using the sequence generator at Random.org to pick a winner from an Excel spreadsheet list of the names of the qualified entrants, LEGOMOM is the winner. She has been notified and has responded. Thank you, everyone, for your comments! And thank you, BrickFair, for providing tickets for the giveaway.
Tired of stepping on lots of little LEGO pieces at home? You might enjoy my previous blog post about LEGO organization.
Disclosure: BrickFair provided four tickets for the giveaway and a set of complimentary tickets for my family. All photos are provided by the BrickFair convention. LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group.